Tuesday, May 24, 2005

The Moon Shots

Last weekend my Sweetie flew down to see me and we went camping with my sister, the ear doctor, and all of Katie's BYU engineering friends. I think her friends are really nice. It was a lot of fun to be there. I wish I didn't have to go. Here are the highlights of the trip.
  • I found out all about ears from the ear doctor. Did you know that cotton and ear wax and water hardens up to make a brick like substance in your ear? GROSS. I think I'm off of Q-tips forever.
  • I got to see Derek again. Man that kid is funny! He decided the last morning that he was going to light a whole bunch of matches--in his mouth! It was awesome.
  • I got to hear the story of how my sister and the ear doctor met. You'd think I would know this by now, but I didn't. He likes to talk and I like to listen so we work well together.
  • When Daniel and I got there Friday we got to spend about an hour together just laying in the grass (in the shade of course) talking and laughing. It was fun to have that time with him.
  • Daniel didn't get mad at me for sleeping half the way home. He is such an understanding kid! He has basically come to accept that he will be driving 95% of our marriage. I love him
  • Daniel and I spent Sunday night with my Grandma Margie and she was SO FUNNY! We had a blast and laughed the whole evening.
  • This last one actually happened last night, but the ear doctor called to tell me he had photos of my car on his developed film (my car was clipped by an RV). Man that kid is funny.

Anyway, I also found out that the ear doctor will be making it to my wedding! How great! I hope he likes it! I'm pretty sad that his moon shots didn't turn out.

PS. This post probably didn't do justice to how great the weekend was.

5 comments:

Katie said...

Yeah, it was a bummer about the moon shots. The ones of your car are great and actually make it look worse than it is, so that's good.

Heather said...

Maggie Matt needs to do the ear candle. He asked if he can't use a Q-tip then what can he use to clean deeper in his ear...so I geniusly remembered the ear candle!
P.s. You are awesome, and I can't wait to see you in July!

Heather said...

Dang! well I don't know how to do the ear candling really anyway, I guess Matt's problem goes unsolved...

Maggie said...

Yeah, aparently ear candling is bad for you too. I didn't ask about that though because secretly I still love to do it. If I know why it's bad then I wont want to do it anymore.

Is that an engagement photo as your icon?

Heather said...

It sure is...I finally figured out how to put a photo on my profile thing, I'm awesome, and so is ear candling....