Tuesday, February 06, 2007

33 Weeks and some change

Well, big news! Last Friday February 2, 2007 my sister-in-law had her little baby girl! What an exciting new addition to our family. She is so cute and has tons and tons of hair! I got to spend an hour holding her yesterday while she slept and it was amazing! She's so perfect!

Also, a good friend of mine just told me a few days ago that she is expecting! She's 10 weeks along and I'm so happy for her! I told her that if she ever needs to complain about being pregnant, she can always call me. Let's be honest, I feel completely blessed and happy and excited that I am able to bring my little one into the world, but sometimes the actual act of being pregnant stinks, a lot.

My Sweetie got back from his interview at Ohio State early this morning. His interview yesterday went well. He seems really excited about Ohio State so maybe that's where we'll go. I missed him a lot while he was gone and it's good to have him back.

I've decided that 40 weeks is like a LONG time to be pregnant. I don't care who you are or how well you carry your baby, once you get to the last few weeks you hit a wall where you feel like a big whale.

On the plus side I did convince myself to exercise today! Brownie points for me because I'm pregnant so I should be able to use that as an excuse. On the other hand I just keep thinking that there's only 6 weeks left for me to be in shape to push this little one out. Then I think holy cow! There's only 6 weeks to get everything done! ONLY SIX WEEKS! I keep telling my husband all the things I want to have done and I think he may start to believe that I'm going crazy because honestly there's not a whole lot to get done. I bet if I wanted to I could get it done in one weekend. But it's still not done! And there's only six weeks left!

And yet there's still six weeks! I still have to get bigger and bigger and bigger for six more stinking weeks! I still have to wrestle around in bed to get to sleep for six more stinking weeks! How am I going to make it for six more weeks? I asked my mom today how close she came to her due date with my sister and me and she said she gave birth two days before her due date. Both times. Hmmm. Six weeks.

For now I'm just going to focus on the baby shower my aunt is throwing for me on February 24th. That's a much, much closer date to have to wait for.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

6weeks will fly by--unless you are banking on delivering 2 days early and wind up going over. Then those days over will be long. That was the only bummer with my pregnancy with Carson. Katelyn I delivered a week early so I figured the same would happen with Carson, but the little bugger decided to go one day past the due date.

Anyway, 6 weeks really will go fast if you don't focus on six stinking more weeks.

Anth said...

I told myself all along I would go a week late...that worked until the last week, and then I was like, "Please PLEASE just get born, will you?!" And then I was also two days early.

I totally hear you - my pregnancy went very, very well, and I still didn't like being pregnant! It made me very sympathetic to the girls who have hard pregnancies (and leaves me wondering why on earth they would ever get pregnant a second time ha ha).

By the way, on my blog, I just posted about Snow Flower & the Secret Fan. I LOVED it. :)

Katie said...

6 weeks is both a long time and a short time.

If you feel like complaining, I think you have every right little one...you've had a really crappy time of it.

I love you and can't wait for CC to come!