Friday, February 16, 2007

And More Nesting

This morning before work I got in a little more sewing. I started to make the dust ruffle for the crib today. I will probably finish it tonight or tomorrow depending on what my Sweetie wants to do tonight. I'm so happy with it so far! It looks great and I'm really glad that I was able to get it done without hitch (after the laundry bags I wasn't so sure).

In other exciting getting-ready-for-baby news we got Aunt Katie's week 34 and 35 presents yesterday! I absolutely gushed over the week 35 present all day and wouldn't let Dan know what it was until he got home. He liked it too. Our little one has her first snap shirt! It's pink corduroy with little horses on it. I love it! And I'm sure my Sweetie likes that his little girl has a snap shirt.

A few weeks ago Dan and I were chatting to each other and I was saying how much I like my mirror (which he made me for Christmas). He is so good with making things and he loves to do it too! I am amazed at what he gets done. Anyway, I mentioned to him that once we have a baby that pulls up on things and whatnot we might want to think about getting something more sturdy to put our TV on. (At the moment it's on a Rubbermaid box sitting on food storage cans which is covered with fabric. It actually looks nice I think, but it's not the most stable of set-ups.) I figured he has so many projects for building on his plate right now that he probably wouldn't be getting to this project any time soon. Well, last night he surprised me during dinner with drawings that he had made for different styles of stands. His planning for projects goes a little something like this. Step one: Think about the project for a while. Step two: do rough sketches of different ideas for the project. Step three: Spend a few days deciding which one you like best and ask others for their opinions about your sketches. Step four: do a detailed drawing to scale of what you expect to make. Step five: take several trips to the hardware store/lumber store to look or scope out supplies. Step six: purchase supplies and start to build. After that he just builds the project and I don't really know if there are different steps to that. So he was already on step three of the project when he showed me his sketches last night. I was blown away! They all look great to me! I still think he needs to get some of his other projects done before this one, but I think he was excited to have something to do to get ready for the baby. I guess we're both just as excited as can be.

No comments: