Thursday, February 08, 2007

Quitting

My original plan was to work at this job up until I gave birth. Recently I've been batting around the idea of quitting my job earlier than when my baby arrives. The main reason is, well, because it's stinking boring and I dread going into work. I haven't though, for several reasons: money, free internet access, a reason to get out of the trailer, etc. My Sweetie did say that I can quit whenever I want, but I can't really come to terms with going without that month of paychecks. It's not like my part-time job is what's keeping us afloat when he has a much nicer paying full time position, but I really like the feeling of contributing to our bank account. I also really like how each month I can check into our bank account online and see our little balance rising! (And then I think in my head, "Holy Cow! We're freaking rich!" and then I laugh at myself becuase only I would think that the amount of money in our account would make someone rich.)

Also, this job has started somewhat of an obsession with the internet, or really blogs. I have a good 4-5 hours each day I work to absolutley WASTE. Since I can't download anything and the work computer doesn't have any speakers, reading blogs has been my chosen passtime. I also like writing on mine and hearing comments from my family and friends because that makes me feel connected to them. My Sweetie and I don't have the internet at home. Mostly because we're cheap and partly because my sister-in-law called all around asking about internet providers to our small town and only one company offered high speed internet in our part of the world. (I know that's absolutely crazy, but it's the truth. She called everywhere.) And they charge way too much money for the two of us to justify. When I have the baby and stop working I also will stop having such easy internet access. I will need to go to the library to use it and that would mean a special 30 minute drive to use the internet which seems silly to me.

BUT! This job is starting to make me nuts. Also, the morning sickness has officially started back up. Every stinking day! (I'm blaming it on the iron for starting the morning sickness again, but I've been off it for a while now and I'm still spewing and feeling nausea.) So sitting at work, feeling big, bored, and now sick again is awful. I have resorted to making sure that I schedule out my work. (No I will not put those away until 4:30 becuase then I have something to look forward to.) And ever since Dan said, "You can quit whenever you want," I have had to literally battle myself everytime I have to come into work. So I think I'm going to give my boss my two week's notice. It wont be a surprise for her since it'll only be a month before I was planning on quitting anyway.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not exactly on topic but I did learn about the "Best Life Diet". This is the new "life-plan" diet by Oprah's trainer Bob Greene. I haven't read the book but it has a journal that goes with it so you can record & track your progress toward the "Best Life". It has an exercise component, too. I enjoyed the visit & am looking forward to the retuen trips, Hope these last few weeks go by quickly.