Tuesday, February 13, 2007

My Hero

Today I went to work feeling a little tired. Then as my day dragged on and on in the limitless torture that is having nothing to do I got hungry. Not only was I hungry and tired I felt cold and hot and generally unhappy. So I ate the sandwich that I packed myself for lunch. Only it didn't help. I was still hungry and I still had 4 hours left of work. I just wanted to sleep. At one point I put my head down on the counter and closed my eyes in an attempt to sleep. Then the most annoying woman ever came into the store. She comes in often and complains about all our things. Then after she walks around for an hour she comes up to the desk to be rung up and as I'm ringing her up she walks away! She does this even when other customers are waiting behind her! It drives me nuts. Plus, I wasn't feeling good. I decided the key was that I was still hungry. So I called in my husband to the rescue. Even though he was at work he took time off to go to Panda Express and get me take-out lunch! Isn't he the greatest?! Now I'm not as tired and I'm not hungry and the annoying woman went away! He certainly is my hero today!

No comments: