Monday, November 10, 2008

Why Did I think of That?

Well, TRS, you really hit the nail on the head with your last comment. Sunday Dan, Charlotte, and I all came down with a pretty solid head cold. Head colds aren't bad for Dan or myself, we just soldier on through it, but when Charlotte gets sick she usually works herself up coughing, and wheezing all night until she barfs. (This time though I apparently slept through the whole episode. Except for cleaning the sheets today.) Anyway, I was really not in the mood to do anything this morning. Do you know what saved me? A jelly jar with a slit in the lid and buttons. Lots and lots of buttons. That kept her occupied for an hour! Until she decided it would be fun to try and chew on the buttons and then they had to go away, but still it was amazing. So now during nap time I think I'll be making sewing sewing board type things that she can play with along side of me. So anyway, TRS, you're my hero!

Update: After posting this I went and checked some other blogs I like to read and then came back and laughed out loud at my title. It's supposed to read Why didn't I think of that? I was going to correct it then thought you might also like to have a little chuckle at my slip up.

4 comments:

TRS said...

Wow! An HOUR?!!!
Glad I could help.
How's that for a single old lady with no kids?

Funny thing is, a jar of buttons worked for me all the way up to Adolesence! By age 6 I was sorting them by color or size or shape... by age ten - sorting by style.

It's the simple things that delight us most - isn't it?

TRS said...

I'm back to say... do you have any idea how thrilled I am that my suggestion helped?

Thanks for bothering to post about the success! It makes me feel really good.

Maggie said...

When an idea works that well I have to give credit. Thanks for your two cents!

Mindy said...

One of my all-time favorite toys as a kid was my mom's ice cream bucket full of buttons. They were all old buttons that she was never going to use, and most of them were pretty ugly. I spent hours and hours sorting them by size, shape, and color. Definitely worthy entertainment!