Friday, January 09, 2009

A Break

I think today is a good day to take a break from talking about the little troubles I'm having. Today I'd like to post about my thoughts on the violence on the Gaza strip. Honestly I know very very little about the political issues, the motivations, or the US involvement in the whole situation. That will make this a very short post, but it's what I've been thinking about. What struck and still strikes me when I read, hear, or see anything about it is how scary it would be to be living there. What if instead of our house being in St. Louis Missouri, it was picked up and planted in that area? We would be living without electricity, and running low on gas and in fear of being attacked at any minute. So what if there's a mouse in my oven! Would I even have enough food to put in that oven and cook? So what if my child wants to get up and play in the middle of the night! Would my daughter be too scared to even go to bed?

I am honestly so very blessed and I rarely take the time to even acknoweldge it. I hope and pray that people who are living in that sort of turmiol and confusion can some way to bring hope and peace into their lives.

1 comment: