Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Just Can't Stop

Ever since Christmas I have found a new deep well of energy inside of me. It has been great. I've accomplished loads of tiny tasks I've been meaning to do for a while. That baby girl jacket? Sewn. Those bathroom curtains? Hemmed. Charlotte's big girl bed? Purchased, cleaned, and put together. (Except for that part where we have to buy bolts that the previous owner didn't include. They don't effect the functionality of the bed.) Litter box problem? Solved. Loads and loads of I have a sick child laundry? Cleaned, folded, and put away.

Today I thought I'd finally finish the baby boy jacket that's been on my list for a while. The only problem, I couldn't find all my supplies. I waded through the mess of my sewing room for about half an hour just to find the red thread I wanted to use as an accent. So then I decided that today was not my day to sew. Today was my day to move all the stinking books out of the sewing room closet to the empty bookshelf downstairs in the living room. So I did that. But could I stop there? No. I was addicted to getting things done. It's a sickness I blame on my mother who has been known to almost cripple herself doing "just a bit more" weeding in the garden. Anyway, compelled like only a crazy pregnant lady can be I went through all the miscellaneous stuff we've been keeping in that room since we moved in. If you'll remember at that point it was named the everything room. I put all the stuff we really didn't need to keep in two big garbage bags and moved everything else to our bedroom. The idea was, that way when I moved the stuff back into the room I would organize it. Then I would finally have a room dedicated to sewing. Unfortunately by the time I got all the things out of the sewing room and the carpet vacuumed it was time to make dinner. Then it was time to eat dinner.

So now I have one bookshelf completed and a sewing room cleaned, but a bedroom full of unorganized mess. I have also run out of energy. Maybe Dan and I will just have to sleep around all that stuff for one night.

No comments: