Tuesday, July 21, 2009

What to Wear

I recently received a promotional email from the Picture People. They offered to get a free picture packet including one 8x10 a sheet of 5x7 and a sheet of wallets for FREE. I called to ask if I'd need to pay for a sitting fee thinking that there's got to be a catch, but there isn't. So I scheduled another session for Greg to get his photos taken. He already had them taken by the Picture People, but I hadn't planned right so he was hungry and tired and Charlotte wasn't too happy and so the photos, though good, weren't necessarily my favorite of him. I'm excited that they're essentially giving me a free re-do! Now I've just got to figure out what to put him in.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good deal. Hope you love em!!

Let me share just from my experience working at both Sears Portrait Studio and the Studio at Target, they are making the offer hoping you will spend more once in the door.
And the package they are offering may be for just one pose. Any pose beyond the one will go up to full price.

What they really want is to sell you a wall portrait.

And of course - consider this like getting a coupon for a free meal at a restaurant - you would still leave a tip even if you didn't pay for dinner right?
So think about buying at least two sheets beyond their offer - or better still, equivilent to what you are getting for free.

Seriously, those 7.99 portrait package deals don't even cover the photographer's hourly rate. The whole thing is insulting to people who actually take great pictures. I know that about half the people staffed at those studios take lousy pictures... but there are also some very talented people stuck at some of those places.

TRS

Anth said...

I seriously love those Picture People coupons. They definitely lose money on me. I get one about every three months and very rarely do I buy an extra sheet.

(And btw, congrats on your little boy! :D)