Monday, January 03, 2011

Change Of Plans

I had great plans for productivity today. I was going to get out and go grocery shopping first thing in the morning and clean and organize all day long. I have so many projects on the precipice of being done that I think if I work hard today I will be able to check of so many boxes on the list that I never wrote down in the first place.

I woke up this morning excited and got to snuggle with the kids. Then we went downstairs to breakfast while Dan got to sleep in a little. After I was done eating breakfast I thought I would unload the dishwasher while the kids finished eating. I was all proud of my productive self.

That is until I found the mouse poop! YUCK. So I spent the "first thing" hour and a half seeking out and cleaning any area that had mouse poop. Luckily the mice did not get to the pantry. Now I'm going to be lucky if I can get everything together and in the right direction to get to the grocery store before the time that Greg would fall asleep in the car before a nap.

It seems like my plans never quite work out how I thought.

3 comments:

Katie said...

I was worried we'd have mice at our house when we got back.

Luckily, our little basement roommate completely turned off all the heat in our house so it was the same temp as the wintery outside (about 20 degrees).

Turns out living inside an ice cold house isn't that appealing to vermin...

Mindy said...

Blech! What has Suzie been up to if not catching mice?!

Maggie said...

They were inside the cupboards, which were closed. It probably drove her crazy.