Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Worth It

After graduation Dan's family is having a family reunion/Disneyworld vacation. Let's just take a moment to be super excited that my husband is going to actually be a doctor soon. One that people can call doctor. One that will actually make money. Yes! So the trip, at least for us, will probably just be celebrating that fact. That's the way to do a family reunion isn't it? His sister, very much like my mom and sister, has started planning. In fact it sounds like she's been thinking about planning for quite some time and now feels its close enough to the vacation date that she's willing to admit it. This feels very comfortable and familiar for me since I grew up with this type of planning happening around me. I prefer to happily agree to plans that are already made rather than make plans myself. Dan is the same way. That's probably why we spend about the first hour of every date driving around getting angry at each other. "I don't care where we go to eat! Just chose a place before I decide to eat YOU."

One thing that she has considerately helped us plan is a possible stroller rental. Dan told me so the other day and then said, "But I don't think we'll even need a stroller." HA! We will be walking all day everyday for a week and our son will only barely be two. We're going to need something. I'm sure he's thinking we're going to be taking our little umbrella stroller with us. And that would be the ah-hem, thrifty thing to do. He is always very responsible that way. But look at what you can get for only $15 for the first day and $8 each additional day:

So worth it.

6 comments:

Dan's mom said...

And it looks much more comforatble than the hard plastic strollers for rent at the parks. Besides, Greggie needs the shade -his docotr said so.

denise said...

I rember taking two kids to the Expo in Vancouver in 86. That would have made one child almost 5 and the other 2. I ended up having to rent a SECOND stroller as the walking was too much for the 5 year old.

Dan's mom said...

You might try the "popsicle stick in a jar" method for choosing dinner spots - write the name of acceptable dinner spots on the sticks & just pull one out of the jar - like singing time.

dad said...

get the stroller

Maggie said...

I am toying with the idea of just renting a double stroller. They're not too much more and it would avoid Charlotte from becoming over-tired and crying. I can totally see that happening. Dan just thinks that kids that old really shouldn't have strollers. That's true, but this seems like an unusual circumstance. So I'm not sure what to do exactly.

Katie said...

If I were you I'd get two rather than the double. There are so many people at disneyworld that it can be hard to navigate through the parks with a double.

And Charlotte will probably need a stroller in the afternoons. It's just so much easier to be prepared.

Just so you know, I've also been planning for you because I know you probably won't do it. It calms my soul to know that Heather is there for you making sure you get stuff all organized!