Wednesday, March 09, 2005

6 AM

There's nothing worse than feeling like the bad roommate at 6 AM! Here's the situation:
Last night I fell asleep at around 9:30PM. Yeah, I know that's early, but it feels like I haven't really been getting the sleep I need/want lately. Plus, I had nothing left that was really pressing as far as school goes. This is an off week for me. So I woke up a little before 10PM, changed into my PJ's and then in my groggy mind thought, "I know I have something that needs to get done in the morning before I get to school so I'd better get up at 6 AM." You know by that last sentence that I must have been pretty tired because my classes don't start until 10 AM and, as I said before, this is an off week. Perhaps I did need to get up, but not that early. That is exactly what I thought when it the alarm went off this morning. I thought, "What was I thinking?" So I turned it off and went right back to sleep. This would not have been any big deal, except that I have a roommate. You know how some people wake up easily and can't go back to sleep? That's her alright. I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BETTER! She has always been this way. Also, she has a new boyfriend so she's staying up later. The only thing is that when she comes in late she never wakes me up. I sleep right through it. So I'm cutting her sleeping time off, but thus far she hasn't disturbed my sleep time in the slightest. My logical question then would be who is the bad roommate? ME! I hate that feeling.

Plus, on a deeper layer of this issue, she is my best friend. I honestly could hang out with her everyday and not get sick of her. I realized this morning that since she has acquired this new guy, who I really do think is a great guy for her, she spends time with him. I didn't realize how jealous I was getting! I think this guy is great for her and I'm so happy she has someone that can take her mind off school for a while and that she can have fun with! I want her to go and have fun! Why can't I be a more understanding roommate? I thought I was being understanding, but I realized today, although I haven't really complained about it, I should change my attitude. Maybe I'll do something special for her today!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Yes, and it was very special and a surprise! Thanks!
You know, I was going to hold a grudge...but wait, no I wasn't. I love you Margs! You are a wonderful roommate, and I love spending time with you.