Friday, March 18, 2005

Homebody

Last weekend I went home, the weekend before that I went to Denver, the weekend before that I was in Salt Lake with my grandma, before that I was in Logan. This weekend, sadly enough, I couldn't figure a way out of Provo. I decided that it might be good to have a break from trying to catch up from being out of town every weekend. Plus, my daddy is coming into town on Sunday and I told him I would drive him to the airport so I couldn't really split. I decided that I'd be a homebody tonight and tomorrow. I told myself this would be good. I needed to relax.

Now it's Friday night and tomorrow's my birthday and I'm sitting here wishing I were somewhere else. Tomorrow I have to go to a pannel discussion on the Islamic Jihad, which I think will be very interesting, and then write a paper about it, also I have an optomitrist appointment. It would be really nice to get some studying done for this big biochem test I have next wek, which I am totally unprepared for. None of these things are really birthday things, but I feel I need to get them done. Depressing, but true. My friend Mary wants to take me out to lunch, which is so nice of her, but I'm just not in the mood. I don't feel like it's a very Happy Birthday. It doesn't feel like tomorrow will be anything special. I don't want to have to pretend that I'm having a happy birthday when I'm really not. Do I have any real reason not to be happy? Well, not really. I'm just not right now.

Uugh! Oh well, maybe it'll be sunny and I'll wake up in a great mood. Who knows. Till then I think I'll read a book and go to bed.

2 comments:

the narrator said...

don't be sad. be happy! if you are not doing anything saturday night, let's go out for dinner or something to celebrate

Sam said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!