Friday, March 25, 2005

Dooby Doo

Well, it was well worth the wait.

In order to tell this story a little exposition is necessary so here goes. I have a locked mailbox. You use a key to get into the mail and if you have a package, or as we like to say in the mail industry a parcel, they put it in the parcel box and put the key to the box in your mailbox so you can get it out. Apparently for some the two key holes in the parcel box can be a little confusing.

Last friday I recieved a package from my sister. They put it in the parcel box and the key in our mailbox. One of my roommates went to get the mail that friday. She shoved the key in the wrong hole and then turned so hard it broke. Yes, that's right. I think she's wonderwoman or something, breaking metal and all. Anyway, the package was kept hostage in its mailbox prison for several days. I called and I called and I called the post office and I was just getting the run around. At one point my another roommate said we should just break into it and get the present out. I was really tempted, but the whole that probably being a federal offense issue kept me from destroying the box. Anyway, on Wednesday I decided to go down to the post office. I waited there for 45 minutes to finally get someone to take my name and mailbox location to go fix it. It was a horrible fiasco and I was mad because my birthday present was being kept from me and it wasn't my fault.

Skip to yesterday. I go to get the mail myself, hoping that something has been done. I round the corner of my apartment with my confidence building with each step. There is indeed a new key in parcel box number 5 (the evil box that ate the key) and there is no key in parcel box 4. I rush to the my mailbox (#14) and open it in eager anticipation. There it was! The saving key! My parcel was indeed in box #4! Happy Birthday to me! YEAH! I slide the key into the correct lock turn and open the door. There is a present for me! It is wrapped in brightly colored paper (which technically you're not supposed to do because it's some sort of safety hazard and also it gets caught in the machine. It must have this time because the paper on the bottom of the box was torn) and the gleam shining from off the paper was a promise of the exciting present that lay inside. I took the box out and walked/ran back to my apartment to open in.

I layed it on the table and ripped off the paper. What a joyous moment. I saw the Crate&Barrel logo on the box and I thought to myself, "Yeah, she got me some dishes! I'm going to like this!" Well let me tell you, it was WAY better than I thought! In my box of joy was:
1) Two place settings of plate, bowl, and cup from Crate&Barrel (possibly the cutest new dishes I will ever own)
2) A new outfit that coincidentally matches the dishes. It is a green skirt with a blue camisole and a green and blue jacket. (WAY CUTE! Even though that's a very Utah thing to say.)
3) waffer cookies (Yumm!)
4) A leprechaun pen that punches when you push the buttons on the back. It will go well with my collection of other interesting pens.
5) A waterbottle with a cool bunny twisty straw (I thought this was an appropriate Easter tie in)
6) A big balloon thingy that you have the elastic string on and you can bounce it off your hand. This is probably one of my favorite games to play. I LOVE THEM. I just can't figure out how to tie it so that the end will stay in the balloon. Maybe I'll take it home so that mom can show me how to tie it and then I'll take it back and tie it at home so I can enjoy hours of fun. The only downside of this is that playing with the balloon will possibly be the most annoying thing ever to the people around me.
7) A pack of Scooby Doo playing cards.

WHAT A GREAT BIRTHDAY PRESENT! My sister is the best at giving presents! It was well worth the wait! Thanks Katie! She told me that she was curious about what my favorite would be. How can you make a decision like that with so many great things?! It's really impossible. I like the jacket, because I've always wanted one and never been able to get one for myself. I like the big balloon thingy because I know it will provide hours of entertainment. I like the dishes because they are so cute! (I think I'm going to end up like my mom. I get too excited about dishes already.) Anyway, that's the closest thing I could come up with to having a favorite. Thanks again!

1 comment:

Maggie said...

I forgot two things
1) A picture frame with a photo of Dan and me.