Thursday, January 12, 2006

Egg Plop Soup

Sometimes I just want to have a bowl of top ramen. This happened to me one rainy day earlier this week. My husband and I strolled to Safeway and picked up 6 packages (if we had only gotten two the trip might have not been worth it.) We had some and while we were eating I told him how sometimes my friend Heather would put egg in it and it was really tastey. I told him I really liked egg drop soup.

Today we had a chemistry lab together. He got done with his experiment earlier than I did and went home to make us lunch. He decided to make some top ramen with egg. I came home just as he was putting the noodles in. Then I went into the bedroom to set some stuff down and when I got back I asked him if he wanted me to show him how to put the egg in. He said, "I already did." Then I asked, "You just plopped it in there?" "Yep!" The whole egg was just plopped on in the soup. I fished it up from the bottom and sure enough it was intact--one big egg in the middle. It was so funny that we had to eat all the egg even though it was pretty bland.

3 comments:

Ronnie said...

Once I put Wheaties in my Ramen Soup. It was surprisingly good for a few bites.

Stefani said...

one time i forgot to put the spices from the top ramen package in my egg drop soup...so it really did just taste like egg. i wouldn't recommend it.

Maggie said...

Wheaties?! Sick! Weren't they soggy?