Friday, January 13, 2006

Pa-Pa-Pa Peein in the dark

Earlier this week I woke up in the middle of the night having to go to the bathroom. Usually I just roll over and go back to sleep because I can hold it until the morning. This night though I REALLY had to go. Not wanting to actually wake myself up too much just to complete this I decided not to turn on any of the lights in the apartment on my way to the bathroom or in the bathroom. I'm sure many people don't turn on the lights when this happens to them. There were two issues I ran into on my errand:

  1. I know it's irrational, but I sometimes have some fear not seeing the bowl before I set my bottom down. When I was little I spent the night at my friend, Lauren's house. In the morning while we were having our Lucky Charms her dad was watching the news where a story flashed about rats climbing up the sewage pipes into the toilet in people's houses. It has been a long time since then, but if I don't get to see the bowl before I set my bottom on it then I do have a little twinge of fear. What if there's a dead rat sitting in the bowl or worse, a live one?! GROSS!
  2. Also when I was done it was still dark and I couldn't find the end to the toilet paper roll. I was turining it and searching and then turning it the other way and searching. I spent a few minutes trying to find it then gave up and used the klenex on the back of the toilet.

In the morning I went to the bathroom to take my shower and found that the toilet paper roll had been HALF EMPTIED onto the floor in my search for the end of the roll! I must have been more asleep than I thought.

4 comments:

vox said...

It's funny you should mention that... I had an irrational fear of bathrooms, especially in the dark, for the longest time... I think mine was linked to some stupid ghost stories I heard as a kid, though. So no, it doesn't seem irrational - at least not to someone who is afraid of monsters reaching up from the toilet and grabbing my ass... YIKES!! Or ghosts appeaaring in the mirror.
:[

vox said...

sorry I should ask permission before publishing "bad" words on other people's blogs. It's just that, I can't stand the word "butt" - It is just so gross to me. Blech!! Now I have to go wash my mouth out with soap .... I guess I could have said heinie..... Anyway, sorry. I hope you're not mad.

Katie said...

Excellent post title mags!

Maggie said...

Vox, don't sweat it.

Katie, you should like it. You came up with the song.