Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Drivin' Me Nuts!

So just about every major life decision has been dropped in my lap in the last year. I got married last summer. Also now we need to decide what we're going to do about moving, going to medical school, taking a year off, having a family, and on top of that I need to take 19 credits successfully, and finish my extra work in order to graduate.

None of this would really be all that bad if I could just make the decision and live with it. The problem comes in the indecision. We found out yesterday that we probably wont hear anything from Loma Linda until the middle of May! The national deadline to declare what school you're going to attend is May 15th and we wont even hear from Loma Linda until the middle of May. Plus, we're deciding if we want to take the year off and spend it in Logan so Dan can get some research experience. That would look good on his application next year. One minute I want to go to Loma Linda and he wants to stay in Logan. Just when I decide that it may be a good thing to go to Logan, he's really wanting to get accepted to Loma Linda and head there! And I'm supposed to go to school like this? I don't think so.

Anyway I don't have time to think about all that today because I have tons of schoolwork to do. Maybe the school work is keeping me sane. I can't think about how I have no concrete plans for my life after June because getting to June will be hard enough.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Concrete plans are overrated. Don't stress yourself out, it'll be ok either way.

Maggie said...

Thanks!

Russ said...

I thought this was a pirate joke.

Maggie said...

Sorry to dissapoint Russ! Although that pirate joke is pretty funny and I did think about it when I wrote the title, I didn't put it in. If you still want the joke I'll write it here.

Ronnie said...

I haven't heard the pirate joke!

Maggie said...

A pirate walks into a bar. The bar tender notices that something is a little strang and he says, "You have a steering wheel in your pants." And the pirate says, "It's drivin' me nuts! Arrgh."

This joke brought to you by Vince who is in my food formulation class.

Heather said...

I must have been confusing MY pirate joke with yours, It goes a little something like...
Heather: What did the pirate say to the taxi cab driver?
Matt: What?
Heather: You're driving me crazy! (in my most piratey voice I can muster)
Matt:looks at me blankly
Heather: Laughing histerically

Maggie said...

I remember that joke! Congratulations, you just made me laugh out loud reading it! I hope Ronnie likes both of them.

Robyn said...

Long time reader/lurker chiming in.

If you do get in to LL. Welcome! We live about 30 minutes from there. You'll love it for sure! Nice community, live in Redlands though.