Thursday, April 13, 2006

The Goal

I just read my sister's post about goals and it made me think. I may not necessairly know what my sister's goals are right now, but I am always inspired by her drive for them. My goals right now are pretty concrete, I know what they are and I know why I made them that way. My frustration is that I'm not as driven. I have these great goals, but right before I get to the finish line I'm ready to give up and scrap the whole thing. I feel like since I got back from Spring Break I've worked as hard as I possibly can both academically, and emotionally, but I don't seem to be getting anywhere. I can't float up for a breather because if I do something wont get done and not doing just ONE of those things could be the difference between achieving my goals and failure. I hate this situation. I like my work, I like my goals, I like where I am, I just don't like the pressure to be so driven. It feels like I might miss something pretty important on my way to success. I'm not sure what that it, or even if it exists, but I'm still upset about it. Oh well, at least it's semi-sunny today and I'm wearing a cute outfit.

4 comments:

the narrator said...

at least it's semi-sunny today and I'm wearing a cute outfit.

set your goals low and you'll sure to be a winner every time.

Anonymous said...

Wearing a cute outfit is a good goal.

when nothing else seems to be progressing... knowing you look cute ranks as an accomplishment.

I also rank 'enjoying a sunny day' as an accomplishment because sometimes we are so caught up in getting things done that we miss a beautiful day.

I figure, God creates beautiful days for a reason. He did not design us to sit in offices and work hard. He made this Creation for us.
So I would say you're two for two. Be proud of that!

Anonymous said...

I would delete "the narrator" -just mean and not at all your outlook. I'm with trs - enjoy every beautiful thing you see and your glass will always be at least half full. It's not Pollyanna - it's arreciating blessings and recognizing them all around.

Maggie said...

Did you hear that Loyd?