Thursday, April 20, 2006

Mediocre

I'm taking this class pass/fail because I need the bacc. core requirement to graduate, but I don't need any more credits than I already have. You'd think this would make me relax about the class. It's a 100 point class so I only need to get 70 of the points. I thought this would be great because I wouldn't have to work as hard. Now I am finding out that I have this insane drive to do the checklist of things the professor posts each week. This would mean that I'm getting a 100% so far. I sometimes have to stop myself from doing the work and tell myself I'll get the same grade if I get a 70% as if I got a 100% so I should just slack off. It surprises me that I'm having trouble slacking off. I would never have predicted this outcome.

4 comments:

Heather said...

This is quite the turn of events. It seems my effect on you is waning...I'll have to do something about that.
P.s. There is a tulip festival at Thanksgiving point and Matt is going to take me this weekend, I am way excited!
P.s.s. (or P.p.s I can never remember) I really like you.

Maggie said...

There's a tulip festival here this weekend too! I'm bummed because we're not going to be here. We're going up to Washington for my sister-in-law's wedding. I guess that'll probably be just as fun. We need a mini vacation anyway.

Anonymous said...

I don't know if the wedding will be as interesting as the tulip festival but with Skyler as both the best man and the ring bearer, it should be entertaining! & maybe it isn't that Heather's effect is wearing off - Dan's is just "wearing on!"

Katie said...

My theory:

It's neither Heather wearing off or Dan wearing on. The reason she's going nuts is that she has a list. If you give anyone in my family a list they are hellbent to check off every little box. It's just how we were raised. Short, achievable goals give us a sense of total control.