Thursday, February 14, 2008

Chicken

My daughter used to be so scared of the vacuum I had to hold her the entire time I vacuumed. Then we got our new red one for Christmas. I loved it so much I didn't put it away for a couple of days. She played with it, took off the attachments, knocked it over and enjoyed it throughly. Now when I vacuum she's still wary of the thing, but she doesn't insist on having me hold her. Now she plays chicken with it. She will try to get close enough to the vacuum to touch it and then "run" away. She's still slow at walking and turning so it's a slow tango we dance while cleaning the house. This very calculated game of chicken entertains her the entire time I vacuum the house. She knows that if she stops I will go around her and now there are four or five Charlotte sized spots in our house that aren't vacuumed because I got tired of waiting for her and moved away. It is so funny to play with her while vacuuming!

No comments: