Friday, February 22, 2008

The End of an Era

I'm pretty sure Charlotte has decided to go down to one nap a day (or is it no naps?). For the past two days she has REFUSED to sleep during her first nap and subsequently gone kicking and screaming down for the second, so riled up that she wont sleep. Then for the rest of the day I have to deal with a sad and tired no-nap little baby. So the game plan for today is not to try to put her down until noon. But as she's crying a lot right now I'm thinking that maybe two days isn't long enough to establish a new trend. Good grief!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Since Charlotte is still cutting teeth, that might be uncomfortable enough to keep her awake. This nap transition is tricky - you just have to be flexible and take it day by day. Waiting until after lunch & then maybe some quiet time or storybook time before putting her down might help. Even my kids took anafternnon nap until about 18 months -2 years old. The transition makes scheduling a day tough though.

Anth said...

I was really sad when Baby E went down to one nap. It took about a week to transition, and I put her to bed at night about half an hour early to help her.