Monday, February 11, 2008

Creative Corner

My newest project is a dress for myself. I love this pattern. I typically like vintage dresses and I've fallen in love with this one. Now I'm just trying to find a good fabric. There are so many good choices out there. Do I want it to be a solid like this yellow or turquois? Do I want a pattern like this tan embriodered one or this red lotus print? But I'm still not convinced that I have the right fabric. Any ideas? Suggestions? Places to look that I haven't thought of? Other considerations?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the red lotus one a lot! I think it will look great with the pattern you chose!

Robyn said...

It is really neat! I love the style and I think it would be great in a black and white dot, with opposite contrasting fabric.

Maggie said...

I was thinking black and white dot at first too, but as it turns out I already have a black and white dot dress! I don't know that I need two of those.

TRS said...

Gorgeous! all the way around!

The turquiose would be so retro - I was in love with the idea until I saw the tan/embroidered fabric. Hands down... it will be pheonomenal!!

Must show us when finished!!