Thursday, May 22, 2008

Update

Just an update on our house. For those of you who can count, you may be wondering why I didn't post something like, "Yeah, we have our house!" last Tuesday. That's because we don't actually have it yet. The stinking day we were supposed to close the selling agent decided it would be a good time to tell us that he found out 10 days previous that the copper pipes and electrical had been stolen out of the basement! We didn't close Tuesday. We're closing tomorrow with $1000 knocked off the price. It's fair and the people who matter are OK with it so I don't really care. In fact I don't have it in me to care about that right now. Tomorrow is also Dan's last final for the first year of medical school. I haven't really talked to him in about a week now and when I asked if he wanted Charlotte and I to bring him lunch today he said he was sorry, but didn't really have the time. Also, I've been scrambling trying to get all the stuff we were going to have delivered to the house re-routed and find new delivery times. Also I've changed all the utilities into our names as of tomorrow. And finally I have a 14 month old baby that's pretty much wanting to play all the time. Turns out that copper piping isn't that high on my list at the moment. I'm sure it'll sift up there when I want to, I don't know, take a bath, wash my hands, turn on a light, or flush a tiolett in the new place, but until then I'm just letting it go.

2 comments:

Angelavon said...

Oh my gosh. You crack me up. I love reading your blog and being able to relate to every single one of your feelings. Yay! I'm not alone! I remember when Asher started in that playing time all the time stage which is coupled with the..."I only want one nap a day Mom!" It is kinda stressful at first, but my consolation was moving his bedtime up an hour.

Angelavon said...

p.s. I'm waiting for Aaron's plane to come in. It is running 30 min. late and I'm sooooo bummed.