Friday, May 02, 2008

Tagged: House Edition

So Heather tagged me to fill this out for the house that we're going to have so here goes.....

My favorite things around the house….

My favorite thing about my kitchen is the new cabinetry that we're going to put in! We just purchased it and it's coming the Friday after we close on the house! Also we bought a new stainless steel fridge that was on an awesome deal! The kitchen is going to be awesome.

My favorite thing about my family room is hmm... well there isn't a favorite thing about it yet. I guess I could say the fireplace, but it's got this weird surround. We did find out that the fireplaces in the house were coal burning, not wood burning which is why they're all so shallow. Interesting little fact.

My favorite thing about my living room is… we don’t have one. So I'll do my favorite thing about our foyer. It has this awesome built in bench that is part of the banister going down the stairs. It's super cool and really beautiful. Well, it will be beautiful when we're done with it.

My favorite thing about our dining room is the bay window over the backyard. Also I really love the fireplace in that room.

My favorite thing about my laundry room is well, we don't technically have a laundry room. The washer/dryer hook-ups are in the basement. But they're right next to this funny bathroom in the basement. There's a shower surround (not inside a room mind you, just the surround sitting out on it's own) that works, but who takes a shower in the dirty basement? Also next to the shower is a room with a toilet and sink. So weird, but also pretty funny.

My favorite thing about my bedroom is... also nothing favorite about it yet.

My favorite thing about my bathroom is the new tile we're putting up on the floor and in the shower surround. It's gonna be awesome.

My most favorite thing about my house is that it is ours and we can paint or decorate however we want.

Also something cool we found out about the house is it has a great slate roof. I like that. A Lot.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Yay! I am so excited for you! All of those projects sound like so much fun! What a great little place for Charlotte to grow up (well, and any others that may come along). Congrats!

Unknown said...

Mags, I saw on the news this morning that your part of the woods is getting hit with severe weather. Everything okay where your at?

Maggie said...

Yeah, all the really bad weather is to the north and south of the metro area. We had some cool thunder, but I didn't even see lightening and there wasn't all that much wind either.

Maggie said...

Are you guys ok?