Saturday, May 31, 2008

Busy Bees

Sorry for the lack of progress updates on our work on the house. Charlotte got a pretty bad cold very suddenly Thursday night so the two of us have been staying away from the house. Dan's been working on it all morning while I:
  • made our one week menu + (It really should last us two weeks, but sometimes my plans don't stretch as far as I want)
  • went to Schnuck's (For groceries)
  • went to Sam's Club (For items we buy in bulk, like milk)
  • went to Jackman's Fabrics (For fabric for Buzz and Lindsey's baby blanket)
  • filled up the Honda ($45 made me want to throw up)
  • Copied our reciepts at FedEx Kinkos (I'm keep track of everything we spend on the house, in duplicate)

Needless to say it's been a very busy day. Also Charlotte and I have been jetting around town in the Civic instead of the Matrix so that Dan can use the room in the Matrix for hauling things if he has to. I'd be totally fine with it if the AC worked. We figured yesterday that it must need to be recharged or something. Since that's not a necessity it's put right at the very bottom of our list. Looks like the baby and I will be sweating it out this weekend.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Gotta be careful when the AC stops working. Mine stopped working last summer and I thought it just ran out of refrigerant, but it turned out being a bigger problem and could have really ruined something in the car if I didn't have it fixed quickly.

Good thing Dad was in town.

anorthowife said...

let me know if you want any help with the wood floors. ive been doing them professionally since i was 14 (my dad owns a flooring business) - so if dan wants any help or advice, just give me a call. there are very few people who have spent as much time crawling on a wood floor as i have... this is so exciting!

Maggie said...

I thought you were on vacation. So good to hear from you.