Tuesday, February 23, 2010

$5.19

That is apparently how much money it takes to buy an evening of happiness in my family.

Yesterday every plan I made fell through so I spent the entire day thinking about what we were going to do next.

By 3:30 I was wishing it was dinner time, so I decided to start making dinner.

The kids and I ate dinner and were done by 5:15.

There may or may not have been a whole lot of crying involved on everyone's part.

By 5:27 we had made our way to the St. Louis Bread Co.

Charlotte had a brownie and Greg and I ate a cinnamon crunch bagel bread sliced and we all shared a milk. It was so very expensive, but also brought so much sanity.

Dan came home at 6:22 to a happy family with two kids playing in the tub instead of a screaming, crying, sad family that he had to pick up the pieces of.

I'd say it was money well spent.

2 comments:

Dan's mom said...

We used to share a child's Orange Juilus ($.75) at the Aurora Mall. That was Before Mike & Dan joined us but I remember the days.

Nurse Graham said...

I remember the sharing. We later graduated to sharing a 20 piece chicken mcnuggets.