Friday, February 12, 2010

The Positive Post

Today has been a good day. Crazy, but good. I thought I'd post about some other things I think are good. (No ammount of storytelling could make the story of this day interesting.)

  • Putting the last load of laundry in the dryer
  • My son's dimple. I think it's funny that he only has one.
  • My daughter's curly hair. I am so in love with it, even when she does look like a swamp witch.
  • Sleeping in until 7:30. Isn't that extra hour glorious?
  • Watching TV with my husband. We haven't had much time for this lately. Actually what we do right now is more like me watching TV while he studies or sleeps, but I count it.
  • The ridiculously bad job I did cutting my husbands hair this last time. He doesn't even notice how uneven the thing is!
  • My friends here in St. Louis who know exactly what I'm going through, because they're doing it too. It feels so great to be understood.
  • Peeling up linoleum tiles on my stairs. It's a great job for in the winter, very warm.
  • Ladies lunches
  • Goodie plates
  • Dog Parks in Denver. You've never seen a dog park until you see a dog park in Denver. I don't even have dogs and I was jealous.
  • Cinnamon bagles from The St. Louis Bread Co cut like bread.
  • The sick run, which is something I found out about while visiting my sister in Denver. Whenever someone is sick her husband runs to the store to buy any medication, treats, and entertainment they might need. Charlotte came out of the thing with two new books, teddy grahams, goldfish, and saltines. She was in heaven.
  • My daughter's 3 year old type comments from the back seat. "Sometimes I cry and it's OK."
  • The musical sounds my family make when Daddy comes home from a good day at work.

Happy Friday.

4 comments:

TRS said...

Aw! Nice post! Great list.

Re: dog parks.... I can't imagine. There are so many dogs in my building that our courtyard has become a disgusting dog run.

I don't know what it is about Denver but everyone thinks they need a dog!!! There are (honestly) more dogs per household, per capita - in Denver - than there are children.

It's the single reason I would move from Denver. There is no other reason to not live here!!

Maggie said...

Hahaha! I did notice the looks I got from people in Denver. What I read on their faces as they saw me with my two kids was, "So....where's your dog?"

TRS said...

Ha- What, no dog? That should be a Denver T-shirt!!

The first year I lived here, I came to run with a group of people, cool folks, professionals, volunteers. We were all invited to go to someone's rustic cabin in the mountains for July 4th weekend. I was so excited. When I got there, I realized everyone brought their dogs! I was stunned! (I would never bring a pet to someone else's house - especially if lots of people were going to be there.) And everywhere I went - there was a nose in my crotch!!
I thought I was cool about it - but months later - one of the women ran into me in the pet aisle at Target and said, "What are you doing HERE? You don't like dogs!"

Well excuse me! I don't have a baby either but sometimes I walk through the diaper aisle!!
And for the record, I do like dogs... well trained, well behaved dogs.
(I'm sure I would like Katie's dog. Cuz Katie rocks.)

dad said...

Nice list.