Friday, January 12, 2007

30 weeks!

Can you believe it?! I'm at 30 weeks! I realized yesterday that I must have completely lost the morning sickness sometime in the past 10 weeks. I can't really be sure when that happened though mostly because of the stomach flu I had sometime around week 27. I might have lost the morning sickness earlier, but those 3 days wanting to die really cloud my judgement. At any rate not only am I no longer getting sick, but I'm also off the anti-nausea medicine! I weaned myself down little by little (the doctor told me I could of course) and for a few days now I haven't taken any! Man this feels great!

The only drawback to being off the medicine is that the wonderful side effect of it being a sleeping medication is gone now too. I feel great during the day now, but at night after about an hour of laying down my entire body starts to scream at me. "How could you possibly think that laying down to sleep would be a good idea? Don't you know that your extra weight in the front of you will make the rest of you ache and hurt?" This morning I woke up at 3:30am and didn't fall back to sleep until well into the 5 o'clock hour. My Sweetie didn't have to leave for work until 7:30 today and on those mornings I really like to get up and have breakfast with him (I secretly think he really likes this too), but this morning when he gently asked me if I was getting up I had to say no. I should have just gotten up because once I was awake my body started to scream at me again and sleeping wasn't much of an option.

Does anyone know of any trick to sleeping that I'm unaware of? I'd really like to not continue taking the medicine just because I'm a wimp that can't sleep. (Although my doctor did say that he does give it to women that complain about not being able to sleep at the end of their pregnancies.) Plus, I realize that it makes me sleep in a whole lot more than I would like.

In other news I got my week 30 gift. Pink and cream striped fleece pants with a little pink bow. So cute!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I found propping a body pillow under my belly and kind of between my legs really helped. Also, I walked several miles a day up until the end, that way my body was so exhausted I just crashed at night!! I kept up the not-hot but still lukewarm baths as well, right before bed.

Maggie said...

Yeah, I really should be better and more regular with working out. I bet that would help a lot! Thanks for the pillow idea too.

Anonymous said...

I am the "anonymous" who is pregnant with her fifth. You and I have the exact same due dates! How crazy is that?! This baby boy will be joining three brothers and sister.
Try the body pillow. They do wonders for the your belly and back on the home stretch. Hang in there!