Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Two Quick Questions

Three posts in one day seems a little overboard, but I had two questions:
  1. I finally took my surger in to be repaired so now I can sew a mattress cover for the cradle mattress. I have to sew a new one since the piece of foam that I got from the upholstry store is thicker than the old mattress and I couldn't fit it in the old cover. (Don't even get me started on how I will never work with that upholstry store ever again!) Anyway, I was thinking about how I could do this without having to put in a zipper or hand sewing. My sister suggested that I make it like a pillow sham with two pieces that just overlap in the back. I thought this was a good idea, but I'm not sure. What do you think about getting the foam in and out of the cover like that? (My mom told me a trick with a garbage bag that might work.)
  2. How long after Christmas can you leave your Christmas lights up on a single-wide trailer without looking like white trash? We're moving sometime in July so I know they'll be down by then.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think your lights will stay up until Nate & Jenny are all moved in & the interviews are over - Dan won't feel like he has "free time" until then - that's just how he can be. If you make a suggestion "I would really like the lights down before the baby comes" they WILL be down before then if Dan is true to form.

Maggie said...

Hahahaha! I know he'll get them down! In fact if I weren't so lazy I could EASILY get them down myself. I just find it kind of funny that it's now after Christmas and we still have our lights up!

Anonymous said...

I'm bringing my sewing machine when I come in Feb - since Nate & Jenny are having a "surprise" I will need to make the blessing outfit while I'm there, so we could also work on the mattress cover. I think the envelope closure would work but it might be beter to have it near the end more like a duvet than a sham. The flap should have a "boxed" end, too. PS I love the Pooh image.