Thursday, January 25, 2007

Post Birthday Wrap-Up

Well Dan's birthday was a roaring success! I was so keyed into getting up and going at the same time he did that I didn't really sleep the night before. It was just like Christmas. Then when we got up he went to the shower while I hung his HAPPY BIRTHDAY letters (which I think I will leave up for at least a week because I like them so much) and make the pancake cake. In my family the birthday breakfast is a big part of the day. At the birthday breakfast you get to have a pancake cake and open all your family presents. So when I finally finished the pancakes and he blew out his candles he got to open his presents.
  • A pair of pajama pants with horses on them
  • A nail brain teaser
  • The Everything Father's first year book
  • $25 gift card to Walmart
  • Country Living interior book
  • Soldering Unit

All in all he had a pretty good haul for his breakfast party! Later that day more presents arrived:

  • A rotary sander
  • Birthday card

Then today another birthday card came from his parents! Man he is loved! I'm pretty sure more presents are in the mail for him too! Plus, I made him an applesauce cake. He asked me to make it so I thought I'd acquiesce. Since I didn't have the recipe I had to get it from my sister-in-law, but it was worth it. He also got a chocolate cake for his birthday from his brother and sister-in-law and I think his brother took him out to lunch. I think it was a pretty good day for him!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The applesuace cake recipe is in the family cookbook your mom put together for you. I have a Gray's Harbor RS cookbook for you that has it in, too. Glad Dan had a good time. Knowing you make each other happy is the greatest gift you can give the parents.