Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Holiday Highlights

Well there's so much that has happened over the holiday! I think I'll take some time and just share a little. First, my husband made me the most beautiful Christmas present ever. He made a wooden mirror frame for me and I absolutely love it. I can't wait until it's stained (he didn't stain it before because he wanted me to chose what I wanted) and hanging in our house!

Second, the best way to make any holiday miserable is to get a bad case of the stomach flu here after to be referred to as the death sickness. First my dad got sick, then my aunt, then my other aunt, then me, then finally my sister. My dad was so sick we had to take him to the hospital. I on the other hand just spent three days laying around thinking about death. To all of you who are thinking, "She should have gotten a flu shot," I reply, "My dad got a flu shot and he was the first to get sick."

New Year's day was fun yesterday. We spent the day painting and working on the in-law's new house. It looks fabulous by the way. The only low point of the day was when I decided that I needed to chop the onion so fast that the tip of my thumb could go with it under the knife. I cut through the nail right into the thumb and bled all over the place, but luckily my husband is good at first aid. Now all it needs is a supply of band-aids and time to heal.

My sister came up and stayed in our trailer with us for a day and that was so much fun! We didn't really do much, but it's always fun to hang out with her. She says I'm on my trailer vacation and to tell you the truth it does kind of feel like one big vacation since we're only going to be living here for a year. We put the mattress in the crib and put the swing together and everything looks so good! I'm going to start having to figure out where to put everything. Daniel said the other day that we already have too much stuff and we don't even have the baby yet. My answer is how can you have too much stuff for your baby? Plus, I'm getting very good at organizing and fitting and packing stuff away so that it all fits into our little space. We just have to be super vigilant at not leaving stuff out because then we have no space to actually live.

Speaking of what's happening next year I almost forgot to tell you the big news! Daniel's been accepted into medical school!!!!!!!!! Isn't that just absolutely exciting?! He got into Temple University. Although moving with a four month old baby to Philidelphia where I know nobody seems really scary right now I'm just so excited that he got in! He's still got two more interviews to go to, (NYMC, Loma Linda) but it's just so great! It feels like our plans have been so fluid for so long that it's great to finally be able to count on the fact that my husband is going to study to be a doctor! I can say it with confidence.

With the holidays over the next big thing is my sister-in-law's baby and then mine! I can't believe how fast December went! I hope January and February go by just as fast! I'm sure there's something I'm missing, but that's all I can think of for now. I hope everyone is just as happy as I am today!

4 comments:

shafnitz said...

Go Eagles! :) Congratulations!

Katie said...

How come there aren't any pictures of the swing?!?!? Gunder will be PISSED!

Maggie said...

The pictures of the swing and all other baby things are coming, rest assured. I'm just having to figure out how to do it without putting anything on my work computer since that's the one with the internet.

Maggie said...

We haven't heard anything back from VCU, which I think is really weird since they said they'd get back to us the same time as Temple. Maybe it was the holidays that slowed them down. Maybe not. I'm trying to just let Dan worry about it (since he stresses out considerably less than I do).