Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Yellowstone

Well, I've decided that I don't really need another trip to go to Yellowstone. The three foot geyser I had coming out of the hot water connection to our washing machine and subsequent 1" of standing water in our "laundry room" area was excitement enough. Then, after Dan had fixed it last night with one whole load of laundry through without incident, this morning I woke up to lake placid outside of my bedroom door. Apparently it started leaking just after he left for work and I cleaned it up. I have used ALL of our towels in the last two days to get this managed. When I left for work this afternoon I just shut off all water to the washing machine and decided that more drastic measures will need to be taken before I will ever get to wash clothing in my own home (which I have been waiting to do since last October).

In more up-beat news my mother-in-law is coming today. My sister-in-law is due to have her baby at any time now (and will be induced Friday if she doesn't start on her own) and she's coming down to help watch the kids. I consider this time for free sewing advice, which is always welcome.

Speaking of sewing last weekend I sewed the binding on a little receiving blanket for my sister-in-law's new baby and also a bunting for mine. They both turned out so unbelievably cute and it was good to have something productive to do with myself for a while. The bunting was incredibly easy and boosted my confidence with my new sewing machines! After the laundry bag fiasco, it's good to know that I really do know what I'm doing.

As for pregnancy news, I went to the doctor yesterday and I asked him about the iron making me puke all the time. He said that I should stop taking the iron. My counts aren't really that low and if it's making me throw up the food that I'm eating then it's probably not helping with iron (or any other vitamin/mineral I need) anyway. So I'm off the iron. Other than that I'm just great.

No comments: