Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Take 2

So I tried to post these photos yesterday and it didn't work. They were a few days old yesterday so everything is completely different today, but here's the floor progress anyway:

Kitchen floor sanded.
Kitchen to hall sanded.
Front entry sanded.

The changes that have happened since is that Daniel has stained and sealed the kitchen, dining room, and hall. We can't walk on them today. My mom and dad are in town this week helping so after making them sweat it out sanding, we put my dad to work on the bathroom upstairs. He tore out the shower surround and fixed the plumbing. Turns out there were no shut off valves for the sink so he installed those and then he and Dan found lead pipe that they need to replace. The floor is being ripped up and Mom and I found some really nice tiles that were on super good sale at Lowe's. Also the bath will have bead board around the walls. I think it's going to be really pretty.

Mom and I found a nice round rug for the entry and big rug for under the table in the dining room on clearance at TJMaxx. They are beautiful and will look great on the newly finished floor!

Sorry this post is short and lame, but our apartment's electrical is going funky. The AC wont work, the dryer wont work, half the lights in the house don't work and the fridge and microwave also don't work. To add another little quirk to the mix the dining room lights wont turn off. We've tried. I went to the basement and flipped all the circut breakers. Nothing changed. It's going to be a hot day. I don't want our food to go bad so I called our landlord. I got a busy signal. Great.

No comments: