Sunday, June 22, 2008

Woo-hoo!

I haven't yet done a panorama-type shot of the kitchen yet so I thought I'd show you the whole room. We painted the walls a rich chocolate color that I was really worried about, but seeing it now I think I chose well. Things are starting to come together and I'm so excited. The cabinetry still has crown molding and molding below the hung cabinets still to be installed and hardware. The sink is going on the slant in the corner so we can look out the windows as we do the dishes (which wont be many because do you see that brand new dishwasher on the left!?).


Here's the view of the kitchen I've been showing each time I've posted. We have new cabinetry. We have a counter top. We have an island. We have a dishwasher. I'm so excited. The island still needs to have the back and corner pieces installed.
I have a microwave!
Pantry and fridge spot. We still have to finish the wainscoting and paint it.
This is the view from the sink to the door to the hallway. The part to the left is where the fridge will go.
More wall. The white part is eventually going to be wainscoting with raised molding and a shelf along part of the wall.
This is further on the wall.

This is the light fixture we have hanging in the middle of the room. It hangs over the butcher block island. I like how the wall color matches the metal.

The front side of the island, which faces the other cabinetry. More storage space and more counter space! YEAH! Daniel really wanted the butcher block top for this island and I didn't really care, but it looks so awesome that I wouldn't want to change it.

This is the tile for the back splash. The little squares (on top) will be cut into strips for a decorative strip in the 6" tiles (below) in the boxes.

So, what do you think? Exciting, huh?

7 comments:

Kim Dubois said...

Maggie, it looks SO good. You guys blow me away. And wainscoting? You're totally hard core. It's going to look incredible--I can't wait!

Maggie said...

Thanks! That means so much coming from you. You've done so much on your old house to make it look upscale and desirable. That's what I'd like for this one.

Science Teacher Mommy said...

I painted a study chocolately brown once. It was my favorite room, and once we moved the couch in there it was hard to want to do anything but cozy up in there and read all the time. Built in bookshelves too. . . .

U of O, eh? I am thinking of finding a way to get my master's degree there. We just barely got OUT of school debt, however, and the thought of taking out a new loan kind of turns my stomach. We'll see.

Katie said...

very, very, very exciting. I think your doing a good job of keeping the right feel in the old house. Beautiful.

Maggie said...

Thanks for all the confirmation about the wall color. I was worried that it wasn't universally liked enough, since we will be moving again in the not too distant future. I have to worry about that stuff.

STM-I went to OSU, but I have two friends here in St. Louis that went to U of O and they are awesome. I love, love, love that area.

Heather said...

Congrats it is looking beautiful!
I still need to send you your prize and your dress! I am so sorry! I will ship it this week!

Maggie said...

We can't really use the prize until we move into the new place so no big rush. It probably got pretty busy once you started your new job. How's that going?