Saturday, June 21, 2008

True Love

I have found Whiting Family Heaven, and it involves a cat. Our friends that are going out of town for five weeks and are letting us stay in their place if we have to also own a cat, Von (or is it Vaughn?) which we agreed to watch for them. He came over to our place last night after Charlotte had gone to bed, but when she woke up this morning and discovered him she squealed with delight! Then she proceeded to follow him around the house all morning long (saying "Daw! Daw! Daw!" until we finally convinced her it was a, "Cah! Cah! Cah!"). He more or less ignored her. Another member of the family who is in love with this cat-Daniel. The cat is 12% leopard so he's kinda big and he's AWESOME at jumping and Dan wants one just like him. Vaughn (I think that's how it's spelled) wanted to jump on our mantel this morning and instead of just telling him no and not letting him do it (which was pretty much my idea) Dan went and cleared all our stuff off the mantel. The cat jumped from a crouching positing right up on the mantel and became the king of the room, surveying his subjects. I'm pretty sure that this cat could start on the ground and land on my head if he wanted to. Since we're moving and the mantel isn't ours I didn't care one way or the other.

This cat has pretty much convinced most of the family that Charlotte might be getting a kitty for Christmas. I'm not so sure about it yet, but then again Daniel has 6 months to convince me. Also cats are pretty easy to take care of usually. If we do get one, I want to start with a little kitty though, and I'm not so sure about getting a cat that's 12% leopard. Vaughn is HUGE, not fat, but just a big cat.

PS. Our friends put Vaughn on a leash and walk him around the neighborhood. I've never seen anyone walk a cat before and I've never seen a cat that will be walked.

2 comments:

TRS said...

My friends walk their cat on a leash too.

He really likes to go on walks - but when they went sans leash he was all over the place and they did more waiting than walking... so they got a leash.

I think it's a good idea!

Mindy said...

Vaughn can also do tricks, like a dog. I have seen him Stay, Beg, Lie Down, and Roll Over. He's the coolest cat I have ever seen!