Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Going My Way

Things have just been going our way over here at the new place the past few days! Today at 10 was supposed to be our occupancy permit inspection so the last few days we have been working very hard to be ready. Yesterday we even had some of our very nice and helpful friends over. The spindles are in, all the smoke alarms are up, the porch is primed, the ceiling in the living room is patched, the bathroom is patched, the bead board in the bathroom is painted, the basement has been cleaned, the kitchen sink is in as well as the garbage disposal. We were doing the last big push before the inspection last night and didn't quit until 10 PM (which is the first time Charlotte's been up that late). I felt the conquering feeling of sweet exhaustion as I showered all the gunk off me last night. Did we get everything done for the inspection, no, but we got close enough to where I felt comfortable.

Then this morning the inspector called to ask if she could inspect on Thursday because a family member was very sick. What great news! I mean for us anyway, I hope the family member recovers quickly. Two more days to get all the little things done! It was music to my ears. On the one hand we wont be moving in until after the inspection, but on the other hand we'll have more done before we unpack all our things! Hooray!

Photos will be coming, I just haven't really been thinking about them while working. Sorry about that, but wont you be surprised when you see all the progress!

No comments: