Monday, July 14, 2008

Lucky to Have

Saturday was a great day! I organized some of our friends into a workforce to finish up some projects on our house. I know what you're thinking, I have great friends, friends that I'm lucky to have. After the morning work was done we had a BBQ lunch with our new grill. It was pretty yummy and I think everyone had a good time. We all had to eat inside the air conditioned house instead of out in the hot humidity, but the kids had fun running around the empty rooms. It felt very satisfying to get so much done in one day.

While I was painting the bead board that is going up in the bathroom I was thinking not only about how lucky I am to have my friends, but also how lucky I am to have my husband. He is a great man that works very hard so that Charlotte and I can enjoy the benefits. He's working very hard to go through medical school, he's working very hard to get us into our house, he's working very hard so that Charlotte and I will actually be able to spend time with him.

And then I thought about how lucky he is to have me. Right after thinking that I was sort of embarrassed, well, that's not the right word, but it's gonna have to do since I don't edit these things. I guess the feeling is that the thought was too proud? I'm not sure really. Then I thought it was pretty silly of me to not admit to myself that I'm a pretty darn good person to have around. Would our Super Saturday Workforce have ever happened without me? Umm, no. It's great to realize your value to a team. And there's nothing wrong with recognizing it and validating it, even if it is just to yourself.

Wow, for such a great epiphany it didn't take much time to write out. Well, there it is. I am so lucky and blessed to be married to the man that I am. And he's lucky and blessed to have me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen!

Love you both,
Mom