Saturday, April 10, 2010

Connections

My husband's family has a family history book published. Its a hardcover red book and goes back around 6 generations. It's got photos and stories and all sorts of amazing stuff. Stuff that I've never read. Dan gets it off the shelf every so often and reads all of us a story that is usually pretty interesting, but other than that I never really paid much attention to it. That is until the other night.

When Dan's brother and sister-in-law were here they brought the book down and we all just looked through the photos one night after the kids went to bed. When we got to the part that focused on our part of the family we saw a photo that shocked me. I always knew that Charlotte looked like Dan. I never have thought that Dan looked a lot like his father. When I saw this photo all of that changed though.

In the family group shot Grandpa Craig was a little boy being held by someone. He looked exactly like Charlotte. All you would have to do is put curly hair on him and it would be Charlotte. It was amazing. And a real reminder that my kids need to know about both sides of the family.

4 comments:

Dan's mom said...

I'd better go check that picture!The "book" will be good for Primary talks in a few short years. I'm glad the visit was a success.

Maggie said...

It's on page 267 I think.

Jenny said...

We loved looking at the book. I have book envy now.

Nurse Graham said...

Yep, just like Charlotte. Carson and I checked out the picture right before we left for school this morning. There is no denying the family resemblence!