Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Thoughts From Today

One way to know if you grew up in the pacific northwest is some of the thoughts that may enter your head on a day like today. If driving your car anywhere on a day that is 70 degrees and sunny gives you the uneasy feeling that you just might be killing baby seals somewhere then you know. Also, if your daughter is playing in the bathroom sink and you tell her to turn it off because she's "wasting resources" (like she even knows what resources are!) then you know.

Both of these thoughts sort of made me chuckle when they passed through my head today. Apparently growing up on the rainy side of the state did sway me a little.



Also, on a completely unrelated note I can not wait for Greg to start walking. This urgency isn't brought on by the fact that it's sort of average for babies to walk around now (and by the way, he is standing all on his own for a good minute at a time). Nor is it that he would be much happier if he could get around on two feet rather than crawl. It isn't even because all the clothing that is getting ruined by having him crawl through everything. I want him to walk so I can stinking stop having to carry the kid everywhere. He is heavy. My knees hurt, my hips hurt, my back hurts.

4 comments:

Mary Jo said...

Both my husband and I grew up in California so we are always like "you are wasting water" whenever the sink is left on or Jack pulls the bath tub plug while the water is running. I think I will always feel this way!?

Nurse Graham said...

Ah like father, like son.

I'm sure you've heard my mom say that Dan didn't walk for a long time simply because he had too many siblings willing to carry him around. Sounds like Greg to me, except he has a mom who has to carry him cuz otherwise you wouldn't be able to go anywhere.

denise said...

I always know someone is from the Northwest if they know what is meant by the phrase, "the mountain is out" or they are a sandals and socks guy

Maggie said...

Charlotte is a sandals and socks kind of girl.