Thursday, April 01, 2010

Spring Inspiration

In case you are living where it might still be cold or snowing I thought I'd post a few photos I've taken recently so you can get a little spring inspiration!
This is the new garden in the front of our house. The back row is white azaelas then the purple rhodedendrons. I planted calladium bulbs just in front of them that obviously aren't up yet. Then there are the tulips I planted last fall and the day lillies I transplanted from behind the house. Right in the front are some blue star creeper. Clearly I like to plant things in rows rather than grouping. I guess that's something I'll have to work on.

Her are the front steps that Greg learned to climb up. We took out the pipe handrails and put in dwarf rhodedendrons in the same purple as the ones up top. The two rocks we acquired from the neighbors and around them is the blue star creeper again.
This is Charlotte at the Botanical Gardens. It was a lovely day and we got to see all the daffodils, hyacinth, and some tulips and pansies.
Here's Charlotte with the Easter Bunny. Despite this photo she really did enjoy the experience. It would have looked much better if I had been able to get her looking at the camera.



4 comments:

Nurse Graham said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nurse Graham said...

"In my pretty garden, the flowers are nodding. They're first to see the sun, they must tell everyone. In my pretty garden, the flowers are nodding"

This was the song that went through my head as I was looking at your pictures.

Mindy said...

I love the rhodies going up the hill by the stairs. Perfect! Great job on your garden. I think it's amazing how much work you got done, with your two kids, and without a wheel barrow!

Beautiful garden!

Katie said...

Love your lines of flowers.

Classic Magster