Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Mandolin

Yesterday I went to my mandolin lesson and I just wanted to let everyone know that it is awesome. I have loved every minute of it. I think its funny because this time around I'm not trying to avoid practicing, but instead trying to find time to practice. I wait until the kids are in bed and then I'm trying to make sure I get at least a half hour in a day. Chord practice is slow going but I can tell I'm starting to figure things out and its great.

Also, I put in the main garden in the front of our house and it looks stunning! Well, I think it does. It was a lot of work because I had to haul buckets of dirt from the back yard into the huge hole that was left after Dan moved our hydrangea last fall. I was doing it in the morning while the kids sat on the sidewalk eating cinnamon life. Or at least that's what I thought was happening. I looked up after about 8,000 trips (because Dan says we don't need a wheel barrow) and noticed that my son was no longer on the sidewalk. He was now on the concrete landing in front of our house. I asked Charlotte about it and she said, "He climbed up the stairs maybe?" She was sitting right there. How could she not know what happened? Also, that was the first time he climbed stairs. That's right. The first time my son climbed stairs they were concrete with nobody around to catch him if he fell. But he didn't fall. And my garden looks great.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Picture?

Dan's mom said...

An early April Fool's Day joke maybe? Boys are just differnt critters - self-preservation is NOT one of their main concerns but exploration is great fun.

dad said...

When Katie and you play music it makes my heart swell and southes my simple mind.