Friday, March 12, 2010

Finally Starting to Make Sense

For the past month I have been worried. Very worried. I worried so much that I convinced myself it had happened by mistake. I knew I was pregnant. I knew it. I knew it. I knew it. Never mind that I'm still breastfeeding and taking the mini pill.

So I checked.

I'm not.

Which was a relief, but did not explain what I had been feeling. What I was feeling was tired. Tired and hungry. Tired and hungry all the time.

Today Greg and Charlotte had their iron tested. Charlotte is fine, but Greg's iron is too low. I was given some information about what to have him eat, but of course as you all know he's only eating breast milk, bananas, and cheerios so there goes that advice. Actually we have been sucessful at getting him to eat meats lately which is exciting. Then the lady said, "You should probably increase your iron levels so he gets more from you."

I told this to some friends over lunch today while complaining about how Greg has recently also decided to nurse more lately. And I'm not sure how I didn't see this all before my friends pointed it out to me. I'm nursing more, which explains the hunger, and probably need more iron myself, which would explain the fatigue. Sometimes I think I would fall apart if other people didn't help to keep me together.

1 comment:

dad said...

Eat some nails