Thursday, April 22, 2010

Desitin isn't water soluble

This week is my week to host Charlotte's pre-school. I was actually looking forward to it because we do a lot of crafts when its my turn. After three years of teaching arts and crafts to 3-5 year olds that's my comfort zone. We had a good time.

After it was over we had one of her little friends stay over for lunch while her mom was at the doctor's office. I made lunch while the two of them played "sick person" upstairs. I thought to myself how awesome it is that my daughter is finally getting old enough that she plays with her friends. When lunch was ready I went upstairs to tell them to come down and found both of them putting on "lotion" which was actually desitin. A half tube of desitin was slathered over their two little bodies. Luckily that was the only thing they smeared it on.

Lesson learned: Never forget that there is always a consequence for a quiet stress free moment of getting something done by yourself.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

When my daughter was about 14 months old, she learned to climb out of the crib. I wasn't aware that she could climb out of the crib, so I was shocked to get her up from her nap one day to find her sitting on the floor of her room, with her head covered in aquaphor. It took 3 days, about 8 baths and a lot of cornstarch to get her hair clean. The point of this story is to say as another Mom, I can totally relate. And they all do it. :-)

Did you take a picture? lol

Carrie said...

Maggie,
I think it was one of Katie's best playdates ever. At least it wasn't baby powder, which Katie and Alex had a heyday with a couple of months ago! Ugh!!