Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Dan

My husband can sleep through anything and I really mean anything (think small child climbing on him, small and not so small children running around screaming, me talking to him about just about anything after 8pm), except for the bleep of his pager and the vibration of his cell phone.

Dan's side of the bed is the right side.  That isn't his favorite side.  If he had his way I would get the entire surface of the bed.  He would get to sleep about 6 inches above the bed.  I would have to help him with that.  He's heavy.

Dan likes to sing Christmas Carols.  I've already caught him humming a few this year.

He's part of a journal club.  Not as funny as you'd think because it's medical journals, not personal journals.  Though it does make me giggle to think of him and all his co-workers sitting around writing and reading personal journals.

Here's something surprising, he prefers to eat at home rather than eating anywhere else.  I'm not even joking about that.  I thought it was because he didn't like paying to eat other places, but that's not it.  He really does enjoy the experience at home better.

Dan has been teaching Charlotte to wrestle.  I'm not talking about fooling around with Daddy time.  It is that, but he's teaching her proper form, technique, and stance.  It's funny to see a five year old girl with good form trying to pin her dad.


3 comments:

Nurse Graham said...

I miss my brother. He's so stinkin' awesome.

Dan's mom said...

Dan must be channeling Mistletoe the cat - anyway you want to look at it. Dan let the cat sleep ON him & when Hoge house sat for us, Dan forgot to warn him about that.......have him tell you the story. I think you are in wrestling country - there are usually a few Minnesota Golden Gophers at the NCAA tournament whenever I catch it. Dan must be getting Charlotte prepared to deal with the boys....

dad said...

People used to ask me all the time if I missed having a son. Well guess what, I now have three, three of the best men I could have ever wanted in my life. Are they perfect, yes as far as I'm concernd and I wouldn't trade for any of them. I am blessed.