Sunday, November 11, 2012

Lee


This kid is on.the.move.  Right now he loves to cruise on the headboard of our bed (just like Charlotte at that age).  He has also discovered the baby gate and how great it is that he can hold on to it.  This morning we spent a good half hour playing Mommy hold my hands while I walk around the house constantly circling around to check in on everyone.  First we went to the baby gate, then to Percie, then to Charlotte and Greg, then to Daddy, then back to the baby gate.  For half an hour.  If we changed directions or heaven forbid stopped there was much anger and tears.

He also loves food.  He caught on to everyone else eating when he was about 4 months old.  At that point I let him suck on a huge piece of apple and he hasn't looked back.  Because of his extreme like of food he isn't the best at nursing.  Don't get me wrong, we've been nursing without any major hiccups.  He just wrestles and wiggles around on my lap the entire time and never lasts for more than 7 minutes a side.  The only time I don't feel like I've got a tiny Olympian in my lap is at night when he's mostly asleep anyway.

Lee loves Percie far more than any other member of our family.  He LOVES that dog and Percie, bless her has figured out that whenever someone is holding Lee she is more likely to get attention from that person.  She ends up following him around the house.  This is probably the beginning of a life long bond.

Lee sleeps on his tummy with his diaper bottom in the air and his head shoved into the corner of his crib.  If he isn't in that position he will be waking up soon.  I could bet money on that.

Lee also LOVES Charlotte.  Her peek-a-boo gets grins and giggles every time.  He seeks her out around the house and when she comes home from Kindergarten is probably the best part of his day.

3 comments:

Dan's mom said...

I'm sure Lee will be a dog-lover for life & Percie will always see him as one of her "flock." That will probably be a good thing with a little guy as busy as he wants to be - she can become "Nana"....
I hope he learns to use a push toy soon for your sake!

Maggie said...

Percie already feels a little like Nana to me!

Anonymous said...

Finn would sleep with his face flat to the mattress. I would go in and crank his head to "breath" position. He would always turn in back. Aunti M