Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving and Tree Day!

I finally got around to looking at all the photos from Thanksgiving and Tree Day on my camera and they made me smile so I thought I would share them with everyone.

The first series of photos are of our family on Thanksgiving afternoon.  The pies were made and the rolls were rising.  The kids had finished watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade and were getting a bit restless.  I decided we needed some family fun time.  So we went outside and played relay races.  



 The boys won because the girls spilled too much in the grass.
 And after it was over Percie got to have her Thanksgiving feast of the spilled popcorn.
 And then we went to a friend's house and ate.

The next day was Tree Day.  The kids were thrilled.


 Charlotte really wanted to put the star on so I got out the ladder and let her have at it.

 I found this little sweater in the Christmas decoration boxes and immediately put Lee in it because who wouldn't?

 Of course I took 30 photos of him in an attempt to get him smiling and with his hands out of his mouth.  The one photo I got was out of focus.
 This next series of photos I like to entitle, "Why I'm thankful for a non-walker at Christmas."


 Yesterday the kids badgered me into making Gingerbread cookies.  We mixed and cleaned and rolled and cleaned and baked and cleaned and then finally we were ready to decorate them.  Dan got a few shots of the kids moving the cookies to the table so they can decorate them.  Of course "Stompie" needed to help move the cookies.


The kids each did about 5 cookies before they were through decorating.  Then I told Dan I wasn't going to decorate anymore because I was done too so he took up the challenge and finished the lot.  Here's my favorite Gingerbread Man, I call him Mr. Bones:
 And this last series of photos I included to prove to myself that I may be bad at using our camera, but at least I'm not as bad as Dan:


 After about five more photos that looked like that he did manage to get this one:

And let it be Christmas!

5 comments:

Dan's mom said...

Fun! Maybe Mr Bones' first name is Ortho.......I hope Dan changed from his "plaidS' ensemble before he went to dinner. Maybe this is why he wanted just dark jeans & plain Nike socks while in high school - no need to edit clothing coices for the day.

Nurse Graham said...

Mom, I was going to say the exact same thing about hoping Daniel changed his clothes before going out to eat. Dave's comment was "who's the grandpa playing outside with the kids?

dad said...

I thought it is cold in Minnasota. What a fun time, wish we were there.

Anonymous said...

You guys have no fashion sense of adventure...

Nate

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the photos!!! You just made my day. Love you guys.
g-jane