Friday, November 30, 2012

Fair Warning

Number 1:

We packed into the car to go to the library this morning.  As I'm backing out of the driveway I hear a question from the back seat.  I ignore it because I can't possibly answer the 374,563,981 questions I get from the back seat in a day.  Then it is asked again so I try to pay attention.

Me: What?
Greg: Do people die by theirselves?
Me: Well, people get old and sick and then they die.
Greg: (Long pause) Hmm, I think this will be a good question for Uncle Garrett.


Number 2:

Charlotte must have had some sort of space unit at school a while back.  A couple of weeks ago she sat down at the kitchen table and drew pictures of earth, and comets, and rocket ships.  I was cleaning the bathroom when I overheard this:

Greg: What's that?
Charlotte: The Earth.
Greg: What's the Earth?
Charlotte: It's a planet that we live on.
Greg: What's that?
Charlotte: A comet.
Greg: What's a comet?
Charlotte: Greg, you are asking too hard of questions.  You need to ask Aunt Katie.  She knows this stuff.

2 comments:

Katie said...

awesome.

My question is way easier than Garrett's...I'll be sure to give him the heads up

Anonymous said...


These re all os cute. They are thinking ahead.
g-jane