Monday, November 12, 2012

Funny

We have been hearing about the tooth fairy non-stop for days.  Maybe even weeks.  You'd think that the tooth fairy was Charlotte's best friend!  Then on Saturday she finally lost her tooth.  Or rather I reached over and casually plucked it out.  Then I was surprised at myself because yuck!  That's gross.  But I was tired of the play by play I was receiving about her wiggly tooth.  She was thrilled!  Thrilled I tell you!  We made a tiny felt bag together so she could carry it around with her for the rest of the day.  Yes, she carried that thing around with her for the rest of the day.  Again, gross!

It wasn't until almost bedtime when her being the child of my husband reared it's head.  She comes to me as I'm changing Lee into his jammies with a worried look on her face.  I ask her what's wrong and with a small warble in her voice she asks me, "If you lost your very first tooth, would you give it away?"  In my mind I say, "I would probably throw it in the trash!"  Out of my mouth I say, "Maybe you need to go ask your dad that question."  That was the right answer because he was able to talk to her about the tooth fairy giving her money and what she could do with the money that she couldn't do with the tooth.  Then he told her that she could make the decision to put it under the pillow or not.  (To which I'm thinking Are you crazy?!  Then we're going to have to keep track of a gross baby tooth.  For the rest of forever!)  Then after bedtime she had to get up a few times to tell us that the tooth fairy hadn't come yet.

Now I know why the tooth fairy story started.



This morning after being out in the cold Greg and I enjoyed a cup of hot chocolate together.  Or rather I had hot chocolate, he had barely luke-warm chocolate.  He was blowing bubbles.  Then he lowers his cup and says, "Mom!  When I blew bubbles the chocolate splashed up to my snot thing!"  Thinking that perhaps he may have forgotten the right word I say, "Do you mean nose?"  He says, "No.  That little thing below my nose where the snot runs down."  Oh so special.  He thinks his body is specifically designed for snot drainage.

4 comments:

Dan's mom said...

Maybe Charlotte is channeling an ancient Peruvian Indian culture - I think there was one where everyone wore an amulet bag that contained ALL their "parts" starting with the umbilical cord, including all the baby teeth....could have been worse. I credit the "Fancy Nancy" book with needing the felt pouch. Funny, sweet post.

SarahAnn said...

A few years back my Mom handed me all my baby teeth. It did gross me out and I throw them in the trash.

Anonymous said...

Cute, tell Charlotte, "congratulations." Our tooth fairy would forget to come (Eeek!) for 2 several nights in a row, especially for poor Rachel.

Mindy said...

So, you're not going to be a mother who keeps all of her children's teeth? I would think that Dan would have a hard time getting rid of them. Here is a special little bone that your child grew, used, grew out of, and then thoughtfully gave to you. Seems perfect for a bone guy.