Friday, February 03, 2006

100 %

I made myself a goal on the second week of school this term. That goal was to have 100% attendance for one week of class. That means going to all my classes. This may not seem like a big goal to many of you (my sister), but for me it is. When I have deemed something not necessary I have a very hard time actually going. Like today for example, my recitation was going over a homwork set we turned in last week. I got a 100% on the homework set so going over all the questions again is not necessary.

It is now the fourth week of the term. Up until now I have not reached my goal. One week I got a migraine in the middle and the other well, I sort of forgot I was taking one of my classes. This week I decdied it was my week to shine. Today was almost my downfall. I stayed up pretty late studying last night for a test today and I was incredibly tired. I didn't want to go to my recitation because I felt my time would be better spent sleeping. As a motivational tool I told myself that if I finally reached my goal of 100% attendance I would make some homemade brownies tonight as a treat. YEAH for me! I just went to my final class of the week (in which we took a test so its not like that was an option). Now I get to have some brownies! When I told my husband he said, "Does having 100% attendance for four weeks earn me some brownies?" I told him no because 100% attendance wasn't something new and different for him.

No comments: