Saturday, February 11, 2006

I don't even Mind

Well it's Saturday. Do you know what that means? Yep! You guessed it! I'm studying in the library. Normally this would really bum me (and it sort of does), but I don't even really mind right now. These are the reasons why:
  • Yesterday my husband and I took half the day off and went up to the temple in Portland and picked up my Kitchenaid mixer from the shop and spent the afternoon together.
  • Also yesterday we played for the institute talent show. He played his banjo and I played the fiddle for "Cripple Creek" and "Cotton Eyed Joe." We rocked! Also we talked to a guy in the other ward that just got a mandolin for Christmas and next weekend we are going out to "The Grange" which is this old one room school house that people in this area get together and play bluegrass. I'm a little nervous about doing this as I'm not to confident in my fiddle abilities and I don't know any songs, but the kid said that the old people there are more than happy to help you learn the standard songs.
  • I cleaned my whole apartment on Thursday. Sort of a Spring clean type of thing as I also went through my closet to sort out the clothing that I no longer wear to give it to the goodwill. If I'm not wearing it then it really should go to help someone else. Normally I would give it to the ARC, but I don't know where one is or who to call to have it picked up so it's going to the goodwill.
  • I didn't study for my test on Monday all that much this week so I have to study to even think of passing it. This reminds me of when I was at BYU and would spend a Saturday studying organic chemistry for hours just to try and pass a test.
  • Nobody is in this library on Saturdays so I actually have a chance of finding a quiet place to study. Which I would normally have no hope of finding since there are only two designated quiet areas in the whole stinking library. The rest of the place people chat uninterrupted. It drives me nuts.
So all in all I'm not too bummed about having to study today. Plus I'm studying interesting stuff. All the components on how to formulate a juice beverage that matches one currently on the market. Its pretty cool.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Hey, when you donate your stuff to goodwill, get a reciept becuase you can write that stuff off your taxes. I did that this year and got a pretty decent deduction from all the stuff I've given away. Just a heads up.